Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Nicholas Berg's father holds a speech

I don't know how I would cope if my son was murdered, especially under the circumstances Nick Berg was. But to paraphrase his father in the speech below: "I cannot imagine the circumstances that would lead me to be so ignorant and naive about the world".

Quote: '"There is a topic I’d promised my daughter Sarah I’d address, and that topic is the men that killed my son. She said that people don’t think I blame the men that murdered my son. That is not true Sarah; I do blame them. They should be arrested, subject to trial in a court of law, and if found guilty, never again be allowed to practice the brutality that cost my son his life. I cannot imagine the circumstances that would lead them or anyone to any violent act, let alone the atrocity that was done to my son."

You can't imagine? Because they want you dead, Mr. Berg. Your family is Jewish. Your son was Jewish. The people who killed your son are not merely desperate political operatives, they are religious fanatics that have no tolerance for the existence of non-Muslims, least of all Jews. If they met you in a dark alley, they would kill you in less time than it would take for you to mouth the word "peace."'


Please read it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home