Sunday, October 31, 2004

The BBC's unrelenting sycophancy

In Yasser Arafat's unrelenting journey, Barbara Plett, BBC correspondent is moved to tears by the sight of Yasser Arafat. Not from revulsion mind you, as any sane person would have been, no, from... I don't know, and I can't even begin to imagine.
...when the helicopter carrying the frail old man rose above his ruined compound, I started to cry... without warning.

In quieter moments since I have asked myself, why the sudden surge of emotion?

I remember how Palestinians admired his refusal to flee under fire. They told me: "Our leader is sharing our pain, we are all under the same siege."

And so was I.

Maybe that gives me some connection to the man whose presidential compound became a prison.

I know what it is like to stare at the same four walls and find them staring back; to watch tanks swing their turrets outside my window; to scan rooftops for snipers during brief hours of freedom between curfews.

I could understand why Palestinians responded to Mr Arafat then the way they did.
Of course she can. For a brief summation of Arafat's accomplishments go here. It's clear I too understand why the 'Palestinians' respond to Arafat the way they do. And why this 'correspondent' responds the same way.

I have YET to see even one non-Jewish person react to the wholesale murder of Jews as this depraved swine does to the sight of this mass-murderer. 'Correspondent' or otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home