Sunday, October 02, 2005

Beginning of the End

This thru LGF: Muslims win toy pigs ban
NOVELTY pig calendars and toys have been banned from a council office — in case they offend Muslim staff.

Workers in the benefits department at Dudley Council, West Midlands, were told to remove or cover up all pig-related items, including toys, porcelain figures, calendars and even a tissue box featuring Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.

Bosses acted after a Muslim complained about pig-shaped stress relievers delivered to the council in the run-up to the Islamic festival of Ramadan.

Muslims are barred from eating pork in the Koran and consider pigs unclean.

Councillor Mahbubur Rahman, a practising Muslim, backed the ban. He said: “It’s a tolerance of people’s beliefs.”
You may not have been aware of this, but I am barred from eating Muslims. I consider them unclean.
Muslims offend me. They really do. All it takes is a religion which is offended by the sight of Muslims, the uncleanliness of Muslims, the sound of Muslim prayer, to enable their getting banned from public life.

Ideas, anyone? For a new religion?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

Oh blargh. This is entirely too stupid. And yet, here we are. Blech.

2:36 AM  
Blogger Lioness said...

Oh my God, I did see this bfr I myself was banned from your site! And on the 2nd at that! And I have absolutely no recollection whatsoever, this is now scary on a wholly different level, am I ill? I do not remember this at all!

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean barring piggy banks, too?

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home